6.17.2008

Library!

Yup. It's my first day back full time at the library. It's not too exciting, but it's a job.

For the past two hours I've been listening to a kelly clarkson song, and yes I'm man enough to admit it! The first time I listened to it today it took my right back to the months after my worst break-up. But after two hours all I can hear is a really inspirational message about taking your own time as you make your way through your own personal journey, which I of course associated with taking my time to journey through my current artistic blocks. Oh well.

"And I don't know
I could crash and burn but maybe
At the end of this road I might catch a glimpse of me
So i won't worry 'bout my timing
I wanna get it right
No comparing, second guessing
No not this time
Three months and I'm still breathing
Been a long road since those hands
I left my tears in
But I know it's never really over, no
Wake up"


I mean I guess it makes sense. The funk you're in after a break up is kinda similar to an artistic funk. But this stupid depressing song makes me feel hopeful. So there!

Summer Dance is on the horizon. There's a swing band this friday and Ali and I are thinking of going. Oh, and I have Addie to eat lunch with so I won't feel like an uber looser with no friends since rachael doesn't work here anymore. It's weird watching all my friends spend their first summers away from home. I can't even really remember my first summer in hyde park.

I'm going to fix up my resume today. And I'm going to go running. I really want to loose some weight this summer. Things have gotten way out of hand.

I should play a different song... right?

Oh and I talked to two guys today. It felt good. I'm getting back on the bike as it were. Yay for me. yup. Over and out.

No comments: